Palmetto Carriage Works may be the oldest and largest carriage company in Charleston, SC, but we’re also the most fun. To prove it, we’ll be highlighting our employees from time to time. First up is our driver and guide, David Collins, a local Charlestonian who loves his job as a Charleston carriage tour guide.
- From where do you hail?
- Describe Charleston in five words or less.
- How long have you worked at Palmetto Carriage?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday?
Watch Gamecock football
- What’s your favorite historic site to talk about on tour?
- If you had to choose a favorite animal, who would it be?
Carlos (he’s our 2009lb 9 yr old Percheron Gelding)
- Where is your favorite place to have lunch Downtown?
The first of every month at Palmetto Carriage Works when we have team lunches!
- What’s your favorite memory with a guest?
I gave a tour to a guest who was dying of cancer. It was a very emotional experience.
- How do you feel about the growth and popularity of Charleston?
Charleston has grown so much since my childhood, from a navy town to a mecca of tourism. The influx of people from “off” has created a melting pot of diversity making my hometown a better place to live.
Want to learn more about our carriage tour guide, David? Book a tour of Charleston with him!